Things have remained quiet around Choteau until this weekend. I think anticipation of Meg and David's visit starting on Wednesday (I'll be vacuuming) is getting things cranked up.

This weekend, Choteau is hosting the Montana State Old Time Fiddler's Convention, which for Choteau, is a really big happening. We're sure it's keeping our friend, Al, entertained for the weekend. It includes a street dance and fiddle-off last night, and an all day, all age, fiddle contest today. Things start at 9:00 AM and won't conclude until the winners are chosen tonight. Lot's of fiddling around.

There were some great dancers.....
We're thinking we're seeing our future granddaughter, Lucy, in pink hat and cowboy boots in a few years.....
There was a pretty good crowd......

And my brother-in-law, Buster, was almost there (except for the mustache, but certainly for the hat)....
I probably won't get into today's events until tonight, since I keep the visitor's center from 1:00 - 5:00 on Saturdays, which I love. I like talking to tourists, and I've found you can tell them about anything and they'll buy it since they don't know any more about this area than I do.
This week did include a little work. I got to watch while Beth repainted the front porch. I think this was one of those tasks we just weren't too excited about, and therefore put off for too long, but turned out to be a lot easier than anticipated - especially for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment