Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Harry and I brought in the New Year at the Pavilion where we participated in "Casino Night," a fund raiser for the new town swimming pool. I'm not much of a card player, but we spent the evening at the beginners' poker table, where Dave Yerk led us through poker games which he made up as he went. I can't remember a New Year's Eve when I've had more fun or laughed harder.

We couldn't walk to the Pavilion last night as the temperatures have been hovering at or below zero for days. Yesterday morning when we got up the digital thermometer was stuck on -14.9, but we determined that was as low as it would go. Our window thermometer registered -20, and last night others agreed that it was accurate. This morning I went out on the porch and talked to Laurie in my slippers without a coat because we're having a heat wave... it's 11 outside!

And just in case you never see today's Google logo, here it is. Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment