Friday, December 31, 2010

Yarn Quest

Yesterday we woke up to a few more inches of snow and some drifting from the wind during the night. Here is the view of Laurie's house and ours as I walked home from yoga. (Becca's classes are wonderful)
The forecast was for the temperature to drop, and knowing that the roads wouldn't improve before we leave on Wednesday, I lobbied for a trip to Dupuyer to the Cache-a buying trip for Beaverslide yarn. Somehow I convinced Harry (against his better judgment); he suggested I take a picture of the road to document the 40 mile trip.
The yarn is amazing, well worth a trip to Montana to get it. Click on the picture below (the yarn I used for Caitie's, Jess's, and now a hat for Meg) to see their website and read the story of their locally grown and processed yarn. I bought enough for a sweater, a scarf to be woven, and of course- more hats. Thanks for yarn swift Christmas present, Caitie; it will be put to lots of use when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment