Before I give up this blog (we arrived back in Blue Ridge this evening) there are a few things I never documented, some from early in the summer and some from our way home. Here they are, in no particular order...
Believe it or not, this is the view into an intercontinental ballistic missile silo, many of which surround us in Choteau. The only difference between this one and the ones around us is that this one is not manned with a nuclear warhead and solid rocket fuel.
On our way across Montana we stopped in the town of Judith Gap, where Harry took this picture of me standing in front of a wind turbine blade.
This may be the all-time best find from our two wonderful thrift stores. This is a maple table loom Caitie and I bought for $20 (see tag). Its replacement value is about $500!
Here is a great picture of Hugh, gleefully opening a box sent from the Dinosaur Days celebration at Bynum. He won a dinosaur!
I got this picture of me hiking on my "favorite" part of the Our Lake trail from Jenny Pippen. I figured out I hiked over 30 miles this summer (but not all at once!). And last, but not least, my favorite video. Listen as my new friends, Jack and Ronda, tell me this is their last water feature. (they have many in their gorgeous garden)
No comments:
Post a Comment